To maintain the beauty of your wood floor, the experts at MYD Floor offer the following simple tips:
* Use protector pads under heavy furniture and chair legs.
* Put mats by exterior door entrances to pick up dirt, abrasive materials and moisture from shoes.
* Avoid scratching from pet claws by keeping them trimmed.
* Use area rugs to protect the floor in heavy traffic areas. Keep in mind that in sunny rooms, rugs may cause a difference in fading from non-protected areas.
* Do not wet mop or clean with products containing lemon oils, ammonia etc. Use non-wax floor cleaners.
* Water can permanently damage your floor -- wipe up any spills immediately.
* Sweep and vacuum (using brush attachments) your floor regularly.